INSTRUCTIONS & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO SHOULD WEAR THE COMFY GRIP?
Although, the Comfy Grip was designed for persons experiencing total hair loss, people who have hair can benefit from the Comfy Grip as well. The Comfy Grip tips the edge of the wig into the scalp giving a more natural appearance; acts as a shock absorbent cushioning the pressure points; holds your hair up and out of the way; and slightly lifts the wig for better air circulation.
How to wear a Comfy Grip with total hair loss.
(The same instructions for wearing the Comfy Grip Deluxe "smooth side".)
To wear the therapeutic wig grip you are simply wrapping the grip around your head. However, for correct placement please read through the following steps to familiarize yourself with process.
1. Start with the comfy Grip smaller "male" Velcro® attachment behind the ear.
*Note: this is the recommended placement, some wearers like the Velcro to be in the front or the back of the head.
2. Wrap the Comfy Grip behind the head and above the other ear.
3. The Comfy Grip should then wrap around the forehead just above the hairline.
*Note: Use a four finger reference above the arch of the brow to establish where the natural hairline is. Simply lay the palm on the forehead, with the four fingers extended. Line the bottom of the pinky finger up with the arch of the brow, and the top of the index finger will establish the hairline.
4. Continue around the head and attach Velcro. The Comfy Grip should not be worn tight. You should be able to remove the grip without undoing the Velcro. Excess Velcro may be trimmed.
Follow with the 3-step method for correct wig placement.
WHAT IS THE 3-STEP METHOD
The 3-Step Method is a good habit to get into to insure you are wearing the wig correctly over the Comfy Grip. In short, you are hooking the front of the wig on the forehead for leverage, then placing wig "out and over" the comfy grip.
Start by holding the wig by the ear-tabs. (The ear tab area is the hair that goes right in front of ear.) Place the front of the wig on the forehead below the Comfy Grip.
1. Run your hands to the back of the wig pulling it out and over the Comfy Grip.
2. Adjust the ear tabs out and over the Comfy Grip, then level (or center) the ear tabs for proper alignment.
3. Bring the front of the wig up to the hairline. This is an important step! The wig should never be worn too far down on the forehead, causing the wig to look unnatural.
Finish by inspecting around the entire wig making sure that it is just out and over the Comfy Grip, so it is not visible.
Now, your wig should be on your head securely and comfortably for the rest of the day. The edges of the wig are now "tipped" into your head, giving a more natural appearance, like the wig is growing out of your scalp. Wihout the Comfy Grip the wig rests parallel with the scalp so that you can see under the wig.
HOW DO I USE THE COMFY GRIP WHEN I HAVE HAIR OR IF MY HAIR STARTS COMING BACK IN?
We recommend the Comfy Grip Deluxe pebbled side for those experiencing new hair growth.
For those wearing either the Comfy Grip or Comfy Grip Deluxe with hair the instructions are the same as without hair, but listed below are solutions to problems that occasionally happen.
1. IF THE BAND SLIPS a possible solution: Center a pin-curl at the top of the head behind the comfy grip to act as an anchor holding the Comfy Grip in place (use a crisscross method with your bobby-pins making an X).
2. Another COMMON PROBLEM: a flat occipital bone in the back of the head can cause the Comfy Grip to slip. Place a second pin-curl in the back, using the crisscross method, for an anchor.
3. SUGGESTIONS FOR LONG HAIR:
* split the hair into two loose braids or pigtails.
* lay the hair parallel to the Comfy Grip, as flat as possible, pin in place using the crisscross method.
Can I blend my own hair with the wig when using the comfy grip?
Use a rat-tail comb to bring hair under the Comfy Grip. To blend the hair with the wig, take a small amount of your hair with the wig's hair and tease together to interlock.
What is the four finger reference, and when would I use it?
Use a four finger reference to establish where the natural hairline is. By placing four finger width above the arch of the brow you can find your natural hairline.
The instructions are as follows: lay the palm on the forehead, with the four fingers extended. Line the bottom of the pinky up with the arch of the brow, and the top of the index finger will establish the hairline.
WHAT ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR WEARING THE COMFY TOE BRACE?
Slip on this nearly invisible bracing to discreetly straighten misaligned toes. Loop over your second toe (as pictured), then fold the sides under and adjust the brace. Gel on the underside provides a cushion for all toes, reducing the weight from the ball of the foot. 3" x 1". The skin-like material re-positions crooked, overlapping and hammertoes without adhesives.